Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race 2005.. Google Earth Feed

Well I think that this is just so cool. The first time I came across Google Earth being used for race tracking was in the Darwin to Adelaide Solar Car challenge. It showed how far behind the last vehicles were. Now I know how to include my own data. So the race picture shows my house in Westmead, Sydney in the background of the image of the Sydney to Hobart race. It is a totally unexpected side effect and way cool. Also included is the sea floor image. I have always been surprised by this. They should have a sign on the boat, do not fall off here, it is very deep, while they are outside of the continental shelf.

Now all we need is to be able to view the race as a video (sped up of course) and have selectable live footage from the various media outlets.

Read more at rolexsydneyhobart.com/e...

No comments: