Tuesday, May 02, 2006

geocaching and satellite images

Well maybe this is going to end up sounding like an ad. But I love the concept.

I have just discovered this new toy. Go to the link below and see some people's feet in a bit more detail. (A small prize for anyone who can guess who the owner's of the feet.) Then click on the yuan.cc maps link to see the same thing, but from our friendly geostationary satellite.

aus nsw sydney west-pennant-hills dsc05798

You can almost zoom in all the way. I want to know who has been painting big, blurry red dots on the M2.

Now I really wish my camera had a GPS in it, so it can automatically add the coordinates. And if it could also do bread crumbs it could draw a little line on the map with each photo taken along the way as a balloon.

No comments: